It is hard to deny the corkscrew or helical shape goodness of Fusilli pasta. This form of pasta occupies a place in the kitchen supplies cabinet of almost every American home. Kids love pasta and so do adults, and when prepared with a combination of cheeses, herbs and spices, fusilli pasta makes for the perfect wholesome meal which is both delicious and filling.
Preparing fusilli pasta shouldn’t be complicated and depending on how you make it, pasta could be served on your table as a regular delicious meal or an occasional treat for guests and family coming over to your home. Listed and detailed below are the ingredients and instructions you need to ensure that you can make the best pasta for both special occasions and regular meals. Scroll down for the top two fusilli pasta recipes.
Regular Yet Delicious – Fusilli ala Caprese
This easy pasta recipe just takes 20 minutes of prep and cooking time and is the perfect meal to rustle up for your family on a busy day when you are pressed for time. Follow the instructions and ingredients as detailed below.
- A Pound of Fusilli Pasta
- Olive Oil – 3 Tablespoons
- Quartered Cherry Tomatoes – 3 Cups
- Salt – 1 Teaspoon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Cup Basil Leaves (Broken Up)
- 8 Ounces of Diced Fresh Mozzarella
- Boil water with salt added, in a large pot, over high heat.
- Boil your pasta for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Ideally, your pasta should be cooked al dente, chewy and firm.
- Drain out your pasta, while also keeping aside ½ of the starchy broth.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté garlic for about two minutes till it gives of a typical scent.
- Add your salt, pepper and tomatoes and make sure to mash the tomatoes even as they cook and soften.
- When you get a sauce with a chunky consistency, transfer sauce to a bowl, add pasta, add mozzarella and basil leaves and combine well with the pasta broth you kept aside earlier.
- Your pasta ala Caprese is ready to serve 4 to 6 people.
Salami Fusilli Pasta
If you need some meat in your food and you want to rustle up something special for a special occasion, follow the steps and source the ingredients listed below to make this special Salami Fusilli Pasta.
- 8 Ounces Fusilli Pasta
- ¾ of a Cup of Creamy Salad Dressing
- ¾ Cup of Italian Salad Dressing
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – ¾ Cup
- 8 Ounces of Cubed Salami
- 1 Thinly Sliced Bell Pepper
- 1 Ounce of Sliced Black Olives
- ½ Julienned Red Onion
- Cook pasta al dente
- Rinse and drain under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with all other ingredients and mix well till your pasta is well coated.
- Chill and serve.
In conclusion, these two pasta recipes guarantee a delicious meal for your family, your guests and yourself. The emphasis is on easy pasta preparation and these recipes truly deliver.