This is a very easy and tasty sage butter pasta recipe that you can make on your own. If you find cheese Tortellini boring, you can make it gourmet by adding butter, mushrooms, crispy sage, and fresh parmesan. Here I will tell you the end-to-end preparation process of this delicious pasta, so check out and enjoy!
First of all, the butter sage sauce is trendy, delicious and quick. It takes maximum 10 minutes to prepare it. And, when you add it to your frozen pasta, it makes a huge difference in its taste. You can find the item in the refrigerated section of the supermarket. If you use it frozen, there is nothing wrong with that but it may take a little longer while boiling. However, you can use ravioli instead; that would be perfect also (your wish).
Sage Butter Pasta Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes, cook time: 20 minutes, servings: 4, course: main course, cuisine: American.
- 1 pack of cheese tortellini (25 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage (chopped)
- Cremini mushrooms- 7 ounces (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons butter (divide them)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese-1/2 cup
- Salt & pepper
- First, boil some water for the cheese and check out the instructions printed on the packet, cook it as per the instructions.
- Meantime, prepare the mushrooms and the sage.
- When the pasta is almost ready or 6-7 minutes away from being ready, add 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil.
- Place them to medium-high heat and when the pan gets hot, add the sage.
- Cook the sage for a few minutes until it becomes crispy.
- When the sage becomes crispy, take it out of the pan and put it aside.
- Now it is time to add the mushrooms, garlic, and an extra tablespoon of the butter to the pan.
- Fry the mixtures quickly in the hot pan for about 5 minutes.
- Stir the mixture whenever needed and continue the process until the mushrooms are completely brown.
- Now it is time to add the liquid pasta, remaining butter, parmesan cheese, and the sage to your hot pan.
- Toss them one by one until everything are spread perfectly.
- Use the salt & pepper whenever to require and you think is suitable.
- Now the cheese pasta is ready and you can serve the hot dish immediately.
The recipe is ideal for 3-4 persons. Since the recipe is quite rich, you should serve it 4 and always make sure that there is enough other stuff to eat along with the pasta. A salad can do the job alternatively, you can make 2 large portions.
Liked My New Pasta Recipe?
Since the recipe does not take so much time to prepare, you can try it anytime you want. It is the perfect dinner plan for weeknights and holidays as well. If you liked this pasta recipe, make sure to check out the other recipes too. Moreover, if you know any other interesting procedure, please feel free to share with us.