Penne is basically a type of extrude pasta that comes is available in pieces shaped like a cylinder. The ends of the pieces cut at a bias. While there are different recipe variations of this noodle available in many restaurants, it can even be cooked in a number of different ways at home.
If you are not satisfied with the Pesto and the Alfredo dishes that you get at restaurants, you can try wholesome salads containing the noodle along with seafood blends or a main dish with some rich sauces. These noodles can even be baked with veggies and meats or you can give them an Indian touch by adding some spices. Just in case you require a good push for kick-starting your experience with this type of pasta, here are some super easy recipes that can help you in getting started right at home.
Spicy Sicilian Pasta
This is spicy Sicilian pasta that is made using conventional Italian method of including broccoli, chili, cheese, and some olive oil. This dish is vegetarian, low fat and most importantly, easy to prepare.
The Penne Alfredo
This is an all-time favorite pasta recipe that is both quick and simple to toss up at home. Packed with a lot of cheese, you also have the option of tossing in some smoked sausages or salmon for adding extra flavor to the preparation.
Pasta Mixed With Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
In this recipe, eggplants, yellow squash, and pasta are tossed with herbs and light dressing for making it a wholesome and quick lunch treat. You can top it with some Parmesan cheese.
Penne Baked With Tomatoes And Spinach
If you are craving for food but at the same time you are feeling lazy to make an elaborate dish, this pasta preparation will genuinely offer you some solace. Baked with fresh tomatoes and spinach, this mid-week snack is utterly delicious.
- Diced yellow onion- Half
- Minced garlic cloves- 3
- Olive oil- One tbs
- Butter- One tablespoon
- Red pepper- 1 pinch
- Chopped tomatoes- 1 carton
- Smoked paprika- One tablespoon
- Baby spinach- 4 cups
- Cooked pasta- Half pound
- Whole wheat breadcrumbs- ¼ cup
- Shredded mozzarella- Two cups
- Pinch of pepper and salt
- Preheat microwave to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a medium container and heat butter and oil on medium-high flame. Once the mixture starts bubbling, put in the onions and sauté until they get softened. This will take five minutes.
- Next, add crushed paprika, red pepper, and garlic. Sauté for a minute and add the tomatoes.
- Use pepper and salt for seasoning.
- Simmer for at least five minutes.
- Now put in cooked spinach and pasta and keep stirring for the mixture to combine.
- Get a baking tray and pout the blend into it.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake for twenty minutes.
There you are! Go ahead and give yourself a good treat!