The love for pasta can never be compared to any other. And, if you add some amazing mushrooms in your recipe, then your pasta goes to the next level! Here are some amazing mushroom pasta recipes you must try.
Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Mushrooms
- 2 (~119 g each) red bell peppers
- Handful of Button Mushrooms
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium and finely chopped shallots
- 4 cloves garlic minced or finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- Roast bell peppers on the stove or a in an oven at 500 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove the peel and seeds.
- Cook pasta as per the instructions on the packet. Drain and keep aside.
- Take a large skillet and pour in some oil. Add the mushrooms and saute.
- Shallow fry the shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sautéed onions and garlic in a blender and blend with roasted peppers and some almond milk, yeast and cornstarch.
- Add some paprika for heat.
- Blend into a smooth sauce and then transfer again to the skillet to cook. Continue simmering, until nice and thick.
- Add the boiled pasta noodles to this sauce. Mix well and garnish with cheese and herbs.
Vegan Macaroni and cheese Pasta
- Elbow macaroni – 8 ounces
- Broccoli florets, cleaned
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- Peeled and grated potato, 1 cup
- Chopped button mushrooms, 1 cup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- Pepper as per taste
- Mixed herbs ½ teaspoon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Boil pasta in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Take a medium saucepan and heat some oil.
- Sauté onions until translucent.
- Add the grated potato, mushrooms, garlic, spices and stir well.
- Let the mixture boil until the potatoes are nice and tender.
- Transfer to a blender and grind to a smooth paste. Add some yeast to the blender before grinding. You can add some water to make it a little thin. You can also add cashew paste to make it thick.
- Add the pasta in the sauce and add some vinegar in the end. Garnish with herbs and cheese.
Pappardelle Pasta With Pesto
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup Parmesan finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup button mushrooms, diced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- Boil the pasta and drain and keep aside.
- Take some oil in a frying pan and add pine nuts. Toast them slightly until golden brown. Remove from the flame and let the nuts cool down completely. Put the toasted nuts into a blender and add basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup of oil. Blend into a smooth paste. Now take some oil into a frying pan and add the chopped onions. Sauté for some time and then add the mushrooms to the onions, followed by pesto. Transfer into a bowl. Your pesto is ready.
- Now toss the cooked pasta into the pesto sauce and the balance pasta water. Serve hot.
- You can also add some variations to this dish by adding some vegetables of your choice. This is a very nutritious and healthy recipe as it has the goodness of pine nuts and basil.
These are some amazing mushroom pasta recipes you must try.