Alfredo sauce pasta is very easily prepared with just three main ingredients. It is also so versatile, which means you can also throw in any other ingredient to make it into a wholesome meal with a touch of twist. You can add spinach, olive, or mushroom whatever you desire to enhance its taste more.
So, how can you go wrong with alfredo sauce recipe? We should be grateful to Italy, for blessing the culinary world with this meal.
This recipe is unbelievably simple to cook and even better than any restaurant around you! We bet you will not head to the restaurant again to order the alfredo sauce. Both adults and young family members will love this pleasing and luscious pasta recipe. In fact, they will demand to make it frequently.
Let’s learn how to cook this easy pasta meal.
Alfredo Sauce Pasta Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Cups grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1 Boil The pasta
- Begin by pouring water in a large pot and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta into it and cook till al dente.
- Then drain the pasta in a sieve.
Step 2 Cook The Alfredo Sauce
- In the meantime, we will begin preparing the alfredo sauce.
- For this, combine the butter and minced garlic to a deep skillet and sauté on the medium heat for just 1 to 2 minutes. You have to stir until you notice that the garlic is soft and fragrant. Do not brown the garlic. Tip: At this stage, if you want, you can also add any vegetable or meat of your choice to cook.
- Now change the heat down to medium-low and pour the milk into the skillet. Also, add the cream cheese into it, which must be cut into chunks.
- Further, cook the milk and cream cheese mixture while stirring continuously, until you see that the cream cheese has thoroughly melted into the milk.
- Then add in the grated Parmesan cheese and resume to stir bringing the sauce to a mild simmer.
- As it reaches a simmer, you will see that alfredo sauce has thickened by now.
- Immediately reduce the flame down to low so that the sauce remains warm.
- Now you can season the sauce with salt and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper as per your taste. Tip: You can also add basil here to enhance the flavor of the alfredo sauce.
Step 3 Prepare The Pasta
- Finally, throw in the drained pasta to the prepared alfredo sauce and stir well to fold completely into the sauce.
- Transfer the cooked pasta into a serving bowl and garnish with some Italian seasoning.
- Serve hot with garlic bread, if desired.
- Everyone will be licking their fingers on eating such a rich, creamy, and delicious alfredo sauce pasta.